Tuesday 22 May 2007

Broken Resolution

I got to work early this morning with a burning resolution - I'm not going to do anything frivolous today, I'll meet all my deadlines, go through every damn document I'm supposed to, make the necessary comments and recommendations I'm supposed to, meet with clients without procastination on my part and definitely, most definitely and importantly, not go online to do any of the following: blog, chat, check my gmail for mails from overeager young girls, look through Hi5 or facebook or google such alphabet combinations as xxx in the hope of hitting on something mildly erotic.
It gives me so much grief to report that it didn't take long for me to jettison these very noble ideals. What really happened was the internet icon was blinking when I turned on my computer signalling extraordinarily fast connection. It took me all of 2 minutes to throw aside the Vessel Charter Agreement I had piously decided to study and buzz about 5,6,7,8,9 friends on messenger. Annoyingly they buzzed back. And then it begun.
Now I'm usually not this fickle. I usually make a resolution and stand by it without fear or favour, whatever the consequences and all that. But these days it's getting more difficult. It's something, I guess, to do with my compulsive consumption. I can't seem to get enough of what I take a fancy to. Which, these days, have become alarmingly numerous, and not proportionate to my available resources. So now I'm in all sorts of trouble - financial trouble, relationalship trouble, physical trouble, everything. For a normally well adjusted individual its driving me up the wall.
But I shouldnt bore you with my misadventures. It seems thats all I ever do.
Lemme get back to my er...work.

6 comments:

dScR?Be said...

eyah... sorry it happens to even d best of us.

Unknown said...

lol......

i know what you mean.

tired muse... said...

You're just a lazy so and so! Seriously though, Im the same!
Its a beautiful world....online!!!

Anonymous said...

Kai Nonso, stop giving me that gist of coming to work and wanting to work. They are two different things jare. You came to eat my cake that day, that was all abi? I feel you jare, this damned internet is a trap

Walatra Sehat Sendi said...


bismillahi
Khasiat Jelly Gamat , Jelly Gamat Qnc, Khasiat Jelly Gamat , Jelly Gamat Qnc, Khasiat Jelly Gamat , Jelly Gamat Qnc, Khasiat Jelly Gamat , Jelly Gamat Qnc, Khasiat Jelly Gamat , Jelly Gamat Qnc,Khasiat Jelly Gamat , Jelly Gamat Qnc, Khasiat Jelly Gamat , Jelly Gamat Qnc

Unknown said...

bismillahi
Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan ,Obat Benjolan , Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan , Obat Benjolan, Obat Benjolan , Obat Benjolan ,Obat Benjolan